Encroachment Permit Information
The De Luz Community Services District issues all permits for work within District maintained rights-of-way. The following is intended as an aid in obtaining the permits most often required. ALL PERMITS require that the District be furnished with the following items:
- District application signed by the owner of record.
- Plan showing the proposed encroachment location.
- Assessor's Parcel Number.
Click the image below to download our permit application.
In addition to District requirements, property owners are responsible for meeting all plan review and permit requirements of Riverside County, as well as any Property Owner's Association (POA) requirements. Not all properties in the District are in associations; your title policy is the most reliable source of information. The DLCSD is pleased to offer assistance in determining association status and County permit needs, however, owners are legally responsible for determining these requirements. Additionally, the following information and fees are required for specific types of encroachments. Please note that in all cases, fees must be paid and the permit issued prior to any construction, erection, or planting.
- Permit and Inspection Fee of $300.00.
- $400.00 deposit. Deposit is refundable upon final inspection of driveway if property owner has called for pre-construction and final inspections.
- Permit and Inspection Fee of $185.00 + $.14 per lineal ft.
- Trenching/boring deposit of $2,000.00 (minimum) in the form of certified funds. (Deposit is refundable upon completion of work and submission of satisfactory compaction report).
- Contractor's name, address & license number (must be A, C-12, or C-34).
- Contractor's Certificate of Insurance and endorsement naming the District as an 'additional insured' in the following limits:
- General Liability - $1,000,000 minimum
- Automobile Liability - $1,000,000 minimum (owned, hired and non-owned auto coverage)
- Evidence of Workers Compensation
One permit may cover both electrical and telephone installations if joint trench is used.
- Permint and inspection fee of $100.00 + $0.14 per lineal ft.
- Permit and Inspection Fee of $110.00